Connect Training Terms and Conditions
Description of Services
Connect Training provides Simulation Services through a proprietary, avatar based, interactive software system, Immersion Studio. Connect Training provides technical support for its simulation software system to Service Subscribers, provided that Service Subscriber allows unrestricted outbound connections to the Internet across its internal firewall on a hard-wired connection, and Service Subscriber permits Connect Training to use remote diagnosis and troubleshooting tools to provide the necessary technical support. By signing this Scope of Work, Service Subscriber agrees to designate one person within its organisation as the Technical Lead to work with Connect Training on any necessary technical support. Service Subscriber will designate one Project Manager for:
- a) receiving invoices and b) scheduling sessions; Project Manager may designate multiple individuals with scheduling privileges. Service Subscriber also agrees to train all new users listed in the agreed facilitators list to operate the simulations pursuant to this Scope of Work prior to facilitating Simulation Sessions and to operate Simulation Services in accordance with Connect Training Client Service Policies.
Connect Training will provide Simulation Services to Service Subscriber for the fees set forth in this Scope of Work. Simulation Services shall be provided in increments of one hour, provided that Service Subscriber agrees to permit Immersion Studio Simulation Specialists to pause the simulation system for ten continuous minutes of each hour after 50 minutes of service delivery. During this period of pause, no simulation activity can occur. At the start of delivery, Service Subscriber agrees that only a trained facilitator, technical lead, and/or designee can be present in the room while connection is established, and no end-users will be present. After connection is established, a brief check-in with the Simulation Specialist will occur for five to seven minutes with the purpose of confirming session objectives. Simulation Services must be scheduled in advance using Connect Training’s proprietary online scheduling system. Scheduled Simulation Services are referred to as “Simulation Sessions.”
Every Simulation Session must be scheduled for a minimum duration of one hour and must comply with the policies for scenario design and use. Incremental simulation time may be scheduled in one-hour increments. Connect Training will make reasonable commercial efforts to accommodate the scheduling requirements of Service Subscriber but cannot guarantee the availability of Simulation Specialists at times requested by Service Subscriber.
Service Subscriber agrees to schedule each Simulation Session online with Connect Training at least two (2) weeks in advance and to provide at least one (1) week written notice of cancellation. Any cancellations that do not meet the one (1) week notice of cancellation will be charged to Service Subscriber. Exceptions will be made on a case-by case basis for extreme weather. In the event of cancellation due to some fault of Connect Training, Connect Training will reschedule the cancelled Simulation Session at a time that is acceptable to Service Subscriber.
Service Subscriber agrees to assume full responsibility for:
- all releases, permissions and any other legal permission needed to protect the rights of Participants engaged in Simulation Services.
- all physical, emotional and psychological consequences of simulations conducted pursuant to this Agreement.
Connect Training will invoice Service Subscriber at the end of each month for all fees incurred during that month. Service Subscriber agrees to remit payment thirty (30) days from receipt of invoice.
Connect Training Client Service Policies
Simulation Session Scheduling
- All Simulation Sessions must be scheduled using Connect Training’s Online Simulation Scheduling System;
- Service Subscriber will schedule each Simulation Session online with Connect Training at least two (2) weeks in advance and provide at least one (1) week written notice of cancellation. Any cancellations that do not meet the one (1) week notice of cancellation will be charged to Service Subscriber;
- Connect Training is under no obligation to deliver every Simulation Session requested by Service Subscriber;
- Connect Training agrees to make a commercially reasonable best effort to meet all Service Subscriber Scheduling.
Scheduling Within Connect Training Business Hours
- Connect Training Business Hours are 9AM to 5PM GMT Monday to Friday.
- All simulation sessions must be scheduled within Connect Training Business Hours in order for Connect Training’s Standard Pricing to apply. Service Subscribers who schedule sessions that take place outside of these business hours shall be charged 1.5 times their contractual rate for services.
Minimum Session Length
- During Connect Training Business Hours sessions must be scheduled for at least one (1) hour; additional session time may be scheduled in one-hour increments.
- Outside of Connect Training Business Hours sessions must be scheduled for at least three (3) hours; additional session time may be scheduled in one-hour increments.
- At the start of delivery, Service Subscriber agrees that only a trained facilitator, technical lead, and/or designee can be present in the room while connection is established, and no end-users will be present. After connection is established, a brief check-in with the Simulation Specialist will occur for five to seven minutes with the purpose of confirming session objectives.
Breaks for Simulation Specialists
- Simulation Specialists shall be entitled to a ten (10) minute break in each hour of any session of more than one hour’s duration to recoup from the previous 50 minutes of performance and to prepare for the next hour’s session.
Permitted Scenarios for Simulation
- Service Subscriber may choose any Simulation Scenario from the Immersion Studio Simulation Scenario Library without incurring any customisation fees.
- Service Subscribers wishing to have Immersion Studio conduct Customised Simulation Scenarios for end-users must have those Customised Simulation Scenarios added to their formal Contract (or signed Scope of Work) with Immersion Studio.
- Connect Training will not be responsible for delivering any Customised Scenario with corresponding materials that is not appended to the Service Subscriber’s Contract or signed Scope of Work.
Session Usage Timescales
All sessions purchased have an expiration as follows:
|5 – 20 hours||3 months|
|21 – 40 hours||6 months|
|41+ hours||12 months|
Minimum order of 5 hours.
For the purpose of this agreement the purchase date is the invoice date.
Developing New Customised Simulation Scenarios
- Connect Training offers Scenario Design Services at a rate of £125 per hour. Service Subscriber can schedule a Connect Training Simulation Specialist to collaboratively design a new simulation scenario using the Connect Training Scheduling System.
- All Connect Training Simulation Scenarios will be designed in a manner that is consistent with the Connect Training Scenario Planning Template.
- Connect Training reserves the right to reject any scenario suggested by Service Subscriber that poses a risk to Simulation Specialists or end-users; or, for any reason, is deemed to be inappropriate by Connect Training.
- Service Subscribers must agree to pay for the time needed to design, workshop and/or train simulation specialists on any new customised scenario. This includes creating customised materials for each user or groups of users in a simulation (e.g. individualised lesson plans and content standards).
Connect Training only guarantees that the Simulation Specialist who designed the Customised Scenario will have the training necessary to deliver that Customised
Scenario. To the extent to which Service Subscriber desires to have more Simulation Specialists available to deliver a Customised Scenario, the Service Subscriber must be prepared to pay for the time needed to train additional Simulation Specialists.
Onboarding Fee £999
- Connect Training will agree to make-up any Service Subscriber Simulation Session where any of the following occurs:
- Connect Training Simulation Software failed to permit the session to occur;
- Connect Training Simulation Specialist was of such poor quality that the session could not be completed;
- The Service Subscriber experienced a natural disaster that caused the session to be cancelled or interrupted.
- Connect Training will not be obligated to make-up any session that failed to meet Service Subscriber expectations due to the following:
- Internet speed or connectivity issues;
- Service Subscriber firewall issues;
- Service Subscriber hardware issues;
- Any failure on the part of the Service Subscriber Session Facilitator.
Session Recordings and Video Editing
Full recordings of every session are available for no extra cost and are sent directly to the Service Subscriber within 24 hours of the session finishing. Additional edited versions can be made available upon request and charged at a flat rate of £125ph. Please specify at time of booking if additional edited recordings are required to allow for a quotation to be provided. The recordings which are supplied to the Service Subscriber remain the property of Connect Training Ltd and are subject to copyright. The recordings, or any part of them, may only be used for viewing by the participants involved. The recording must not be published on any digital platform or used for public viewing in person or online without the prior permission of Connect Training for which there will be additional charges.
- Connect Training provides live telephone customer support during Immersion Studio Business Hours (Monday to Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM GMT) at (+44) 01270 449165
 Simulation Service Fees shall increase by 3% per annum, effective July 1st each year.